real time web analytics
Question - - How did you get into exploring? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - How did you get into exploring?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ryhsj

Proud Welsh
28DL Full Member
an old primary school was abandoned because a roof fell off, they were gonna go on a cheeky explore of it and I tagged along. Been exploring all kinds of places around me since with my closest mates. Last year I discovered 28dl and then finally got to making my account and writing reports. Me and a lot of other boys decided to coin the term ‘BBNC’ so we could properly coordinate things rather than being a cluttered mix of people. Since then, nearly fell through floors, been caught by security + police, and creating memories with my mates. It’s a nice way to spend my time.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thorpe Marsh, I always had a strange obsession with the place growing up around Doncaster. As soon as I got my moped in 2011 I made a beeline straight for the place! I can remember running around having this feeling I was doing something very naughty, hiding behind each piece of cover I could as I explored. 15mins into I saw a guy walking his dog between the cooling towers giving me the strangest of looks, it was at this point I realised I wasn't at a site that was really that wrong to be at! My exploring temptation was fed though and I've been at it ever since...

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Thorpe Marsh, I always had a strange obsession with the place growing up around Doncaster. As soon as I got my moped in 2011 I made a beeline straight for the place! I can remember running around having this feeling I was doing something very naughty, hiding behind each piece of cover I could as I explored. 15mins into I saw a guy walking his dog between the cooling towers giving me the strangest of looks, it was at this point I realised I wasn't at a site that was really that wrong to be at! My exploring temptation was fed though and I've been at it ever since...
A full power plant as a first explore is metal as fuck I can’t lie

I’ve not even tried anywhere with proper active security never mind somewhere like that you got balls my man amateur wanderer is misleading

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Did a short culvert at my grandparents estate when I was around 6 yo, felt really naughty as was always told never to go down there. Around 8 yo I rode my bike down to a local abandoned textiles factory and had fun looking around until I found a room a local tramp was using as home and it scared the shit out of me for some reason. Strange thing about that was the floor was covered in disposable lighters that had all been lined up in a grid pattern very ocd like and I've never forgotten it.

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
For me, although mostly an armchair explorer....... I was always enamered by Shoreham Cement Works, it was always on my doorstep.... Doing research back in 2006 for my photography GCSE I discovered 28DL and ever since then I have followed what other people posted, and found the amazing community of explorers.
I then came across a post about Chernobyl and then boom, addicted and obsessed with Chernobyl. Only went once before the war.... Angry now as I had so many opportunities to visit multipul times and get some good explores / stalker explores done.

Jukebox300

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was dawson fabrics in skelmenthorpe but me and my mates refer to it as 'the mill' We didnt even know it was there till we heard it was on fire and then discovered it was amazing inside. Ever since then we have been chasing that high. Even though it has been fully demolished we have immortalised it 1:1 in minecraft lol.

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
Here goes...
A bit long-winded, but I used to play Tomb Raider 2 when I was a kid, this would have been late 90s time. I developed an interest in exploring off limits places and seeing what was in that area marked keep out, I clearly recall an interest in that when I was in year six in primary school in terms of wondering what was beyond that rusted window etc.

Also had a large disused concrete tower a few miles from my house so it was kind of inevitable that my curiosity would lead me to wonder if there was a skeleton up there or something open ( when I checked it out at 17, nope)

Anyway, fast forward to the age of 17.
I was studying for A levels; extremely bored and two words were stuck in my head that I couldn't remember where I found them. Those two words were urban exploration. I googled those two words and it took my breath away. And still does.

Went exploring myself at 18 and there we go.
Discovered 28DL at 18 and began posting exploring from Nottingham, Odeon cinema etc.