real time web analytics
Report - - A shortish cave tunnel at Llandudno beach. August 2024 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A shortish cave tunnel at Llandudno beach. August 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Westcountry Explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My wife & I travelled up to Llandudno today for a weeks holiday. After 5 hours of driving, she wanted to spend the evening relaxing in the hotel room which meant I had freedom to go off by myself. As I mooched along the pier I looked across the beech and spotted a cave entrance that was simply begging me to explore it.

Naturally I couldn't resist the call; I quickly popped back to the hotel to change my footwear & top as well as get my torch & headtorch and off I went.

I did check the tide time and was happy to see the tide was on it's way out.

20240825_200548.jpg

The cave entrance

20240825_201040.jpg

Looking back out towards Llandudno pier.

20240825_201049.jpg

At one point I thought the tunnel might prove to be very short indeed. This sight told me it wasn't going to be a completely naff explore.

20240825_201352.jpg

Having chambered up a little bit, I looked down on this bit of water. I haven't brought any waders with me so it was going to be soggy clothes time ๐Ÿ˜

20240825_201558.jpg

Down in the water and looking ahead. I had a soggy bottom (Paul Hollywood would not approve.) but I was enjoying the explore.

20240825_201746.jpg

I saw the end of the explore before I'd exited the water. From where I was, it looks like it was a collapse or something like that.

20240825_201754.jpg

Still in the water and looking back the way I'd just come.

I haven't yet found any info about this particular tunnel and not sure I will be able to. There's lots of mine tunnels underneath Llandudno; apparently there's tunnels that go out under the sea that are nowadays filled with water.