real time web analytics
Report - - BOLTON ROCK PUB -july 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - BOLTON ROCK PUB -july 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY- the moses gate pub -"no1 rock venue in the north west" gained a great reputation in the music venue world ,hosting mostly 60s,70s n 80s tribute bands to great names like david bowie,queen ,led zeppelin, ac/dc, rammstein etc etc so on and so forth...........ray smith was the landlord of the MOSES GATE PUB , it became well known for hosting live music events , rock tribute acts and music festivals.
contributing factors to the pubs demise was the landlord not catering for younger customers who did not want to hear their parents generation music , the £8 door charge to see live bands and the escalating cost of maintaining the ramshackle edwardian building .
THE VISIT- living nearby and passing this place on my daily commute i was itching to get in this pub ! in the past i had visited this venue on half a dozen occasions to watch rock tribute bands with my bike club ,it was strange to visit a derp that i knew and frequented occasionally and to now visit it after all life had left , first time i tried to visit this pub i was met by the sight of a copper turfing out a trespasser , i waited for a couple of weeks till i could visit with my fellow explorer and now girlfriend cazel#ht . the power was still on and some lights had been left on upstairs to deter people like us ! we went in under the cover of darkness and spent a good hour exploring all the nooks n crannies ,there was lots to see and reminisce about .
THE PICS- as usual the pics where taken with my trusty canon 10-18mm wide angle lens .
ENJOY THE PICS FOLKS !

mg19ab85a.jpg

mg181c204.jpg

mg178472f.jpg

mg1615c85.jpg

mg1587cec.jpg

mg146f38a.jpg

mg13a8f57.jpg

mg12932d4.jpg

mg111813a.jpg

mg10d869a.jpg

mg9cb31b.jpg

mg8eef35.jpg

mg7ff5ba.jpg

mg6d8afe.jpg

mg58cbd6.jpg

mg4ff09c.jpg

mg3b0d95.jpg

mg2473cb.jpg

mg14b8bb.jpg

mg202d031.jpg

dirge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Enjoyed that mate! Being a rock fan myself it's sad to see rock bars shut down.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Lol. Was thinking off having a look at this . I'm only round corner also. Have you checked the building in front of it. Biggish place not sure name. Always gone past and wanted a nosey. Pubs in a fairly decent state. Nice one m8ty. Thx for report

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Lol. Was thinking off having a look at this . I'm only round corner also. Have you checked the building in front of it. Biggish place not sure name. Always gone past and wanted a nosey. Pubs in a fairly decent state. Nice one m8ty. Thx for report
had a nose at the back of the moses gate pub ....and the entrance i used now has an expensive looking roller shutter on it !

Maya

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Did you ever get around to checking it out?