real time web analytics
Information - - Brindle ROC post update - Brindle, Chorley- September 2024 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Brindle ROC post update - Brindle, Chorley- September 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
It's been a few months since we've posted any update on the Brindle post after we volunteered to help @MichaelPrescott with the restoration work.
The post has come on a lot over the past few months thanks to the tireless work of all the volunteers and it's now starting to get close to being a finished ROC post. These shots are from last weekend when we had it all set up for a national heritage open day, lit with the original fluorescent lighting to give a sense of the environment the observers worked in. As can be seen in the photos the wiring is now mostly done, we've also installed the pipework so the pump up mast for the radio works. I've also included the pre-restoration shots just to show how far it's come.

The majority of the equipment and everything valuable is only brought to the post for open days. And the post is kept secure and monitored so only accessible on open days but worth coming for a look next time we open it up if your local and interested in ROC posts.

FB_IMG_1711751030297~2.jpg

IMG_3021~2.JPG

IMG_3023~2.JPG

IMG_3016~2.JPG

IMG_3018~2.JPG

PXL_20240811_115240575.NIGHT~3.jpg

PXL_20240811_115230908.NIGHT~3.jpg

PXL_20240811_115218078.NIGHT~3.jpg

IMG_20240303_174119_487-1.jpg

IMG_20240609_200405_008~2.jpg

IMG-20240218-WA0011~2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

tumbles

Crusty Juggler
Staff member
Great to see another one restored, it was sad to see Kettering go earlier in year so nice that another has been restored

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Such a fantastic transformation, great work. I've really enjoyed seeing your updates and I love how authentic it feels despite being fully renovated.
Cheers Dan, you've seen all the little update posts so probably have an appreciation for how much time we all put in!
An impressive renovation, you should be proud
Cheers Jake, it's very satisfying to work on it tbh. Great to see it coming back to life!
Wow! Only big love for this. Amazing effort.
Thanks, we've enjoyed doing it so far. No better way to learn about these posts than to get involved in restoring one. It was awesome to wire it all up and then switch the bakelite switch on for the first time in over 30 years!
Great to see another one restored, it was sad to see Kettering go earlier in year so nice that another has been restored
It is sad to see more and more fall into disrepair. The royal observers are a forgotten bit of history to a lot of people.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Jees they couldnt of picked a worse one to restore what a great job.
Its a shame our local fully restored post in Kettering has been forced to close & sell everything off,on the plus side I have some really cool ROC artefacts in my collection

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Its a shame our local fully restored post in Kettering has been forced to close & sell everything off,on the plus side I have some really cool ROC artefacts in my collection
It has been a bit of a quest considering we're it started. We're almost there now though. A few bits left to source although we have almost all the original equipment now and work wise were down to a few bits of painting, some very minor wiring and a reconditioned sump pump to fit. We are aiming to also use VoIP to replace the leased line and re-create the communications link to a sector hq. Although it won't be the original sector hq at Preston as this is now converted to a CCTV control room.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Jeez that was a lot of work. You've done an excellent job of the restorations. Well done guys 👏👏👏👏👏

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Remember you telling me about this mate.