real time web analytics
Report - - Carpenters Workshops..Norfolk, September 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Carpenters Workshops..Norfolk, September 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I have visited this little cluster quite a few times over the last nine years. And every time I go I still enjoy it just as much, it’s got such a charm and nice feel about it. You do not get many rustic retro places like this anymore about, little places with a personal touch to them. The huts are pretty much hand built with the main one being a Nissen hut, this was prob repurposed from a former World War Two airfield like so many were. It has a saw table in the middle driven by a line shaft. The belt is still all in one piece and still connected to the wheel. We have a room next to the main workshop with some bits of machinery in it including the line shaft and gorgeous compressor tank. The boiler was nice and see one similar if not the same at three bridge mill. Then next to that is another room what I think was a storage area maybe, and a really rustic area. Then you have another room separate from this set which looked like it was built a little later. I visited this last year with Jake and Dan as they had never been and wanted to see it. I lost all my photos from here at the time. I was a bit lost what to do one Sunday so made the short drive to have another look. I still ended up spending three hours here as I like all the little details here.

Starting with the main workshop.

IMG_8274.jpeg

IMG_8275.jpeg

IMG_8277.jpeg

IMG_8278.jpeg

IMG_8279.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

IMG_8276.jpeg

IMG_8311.jpeg

Some questionable electrics here.

IMG_8307.jpeg

IMG_8281.jpeg

IMG_8280.jpeg

Heading into the side room. The light is very dingy here and with harsh light from the window.

IMG_8310.jpeg

IMG_8282.jpeg

IMG_8283.jpeg

IMG_8284.jpeg

IMG_8286.jpeg

IMG_8287.jpeg

IMG_8290.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8292.jpeg

Heading into the room that you first coming into as you enter the place.

IMG_8300.jpeg

IMG_8293.jpeg

IMG_8296.jpeg

I have never noticed this window before, until Jake pointed it out last summer.

IMG_8297.jpeg

And the final workshop. The old bench had more bottles on it and an old radio which are gone now. The very old paperwork still sits there though.

IMG_8298.jpeg

IMG_8299.jpeg

IMG_8301.jpeg

IMG_8302.jpeg

IMG_8303.jpeg

IMG_8304.jpeg