real time web analytics
Report - - Evergreens, Stoke-on-Trent – December 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Evergreens, Stoke-on-Trent – December 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Evergreens is a former public house which sits on a festering plot of vacant land near Festival Park in Etruria, Stoke-on-Trent. After being known as Evergreens for many years, it spent its final days as some kind of sports & pool bar called ‘Mr Q’s’ and has been closed since the mid-late 00’s. Next to it are some other fairly uninspiring derelict structures, including a residential looking building and an old petrol station and garage which we forgot to look at. The site will eventually be demolished and replaced with a Lidl according to the Stoke Sentinel.

Not a particularly interesting place by any stretch of the imagination, but we found out about it after discovering a friends’ parents actually met here many moons ago. Social and local history is something I find very interesting and also something I find quite important to a particular area, as within time this place will be gone… And it seems a shame for somewhere that’s held many memories and could probably tell many drunken stories to disappear without a trace!

Visited with @oldboots

Something I've never tried...

We had a fun game of name the turn-of-the-millennium celeb to end with

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Your write up is so spot on. Even the derpest place can hold memories for someone. And once online they may be found. Ive heard many a story where a thankful relative appreciates the shots, for all sorts of reasons. The main one I hear is after someone has died & relatives look for pictures connected to their loved ones lives, once upon a time.

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That brought back some memories. I've had some quality nights out in that little shit hole. There used to be a little miniature half arsed bowling alley in there too if my memory serves me correctly. It was a popular place back in its day.

Who has read this thread (Total: 269) View details