real time web analytics
how do i really get started? | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

how do i really get started?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

megan-

28DL Member
28DL Member
I've been looking around the website and I've read through the survival guide and information threads but I'm still a little confused as to how to actually start finding places to explore, I've been out around my area and other places near Leicester but have found it difficult to find anything to explore without pointers and I understand without past experience it's difficult to actually find places or be given help to find them, what can I do to find my first building or area to explore? and how can I make myself trustable to other people on the website?

tigger

mog
Regular User
There are thusands of 'reports' on places and every one of them has some basic location information. The website has a 'search' function hidden away at the top right.

28search.jpg

You can use regular expressions to narrow down your searches if there are specific 'subjects' you are interested in.

A good starting point, apart from the site search is just to look as you are travelling around the area (I appreciate you might be very ruaral and rely on public transport/other people) - noting anyplaces that look unused. Back at home research those on here, using your favourite web crawler, council planning webpages, for sale adverts etc.

There are literally hundreds of pages on here with this kind of basic advice!

When you find a few places go and have a look around (perhaps take a friend for your own safety), take some photos, write a 'report' about your experiences illustrated with your photos and post it. Doesn't have to be some amazing place never seen before...just a handful of reasonable quality images and your take of the place. Rinse and repeat. People will get a better idea of what floats your boat.

...and then they'll be more open to meeting up etc.

It requires some effort but that effort will pay dividends going forwards.

Good luck.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
What @tigger said really. There are some really cool places already on here and I can remember how that can make you feel you have to be posting reports of amazing locations from day but you don’t. Just get involved in the community whatever way you can and remember the number 1 rule - explore for YOU not us.

didiclimbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
im not sure how to explain how i started, a few donkeys ago there was a brick factory by my house. i went there every time i could being completely naive about the asbestos. would spend my time climbing it and making/finding new ways in. i started posting the place on my social medias and snapchat story whatever and started meeting people around my area. then i grew older and branched out to facebook, instagram, forums etc
at this point its life or death!
youll soon find your way around, its a big. sometimes kind but harsh community
most people on here are chill though
;)