real time web analytics
Memories: Hartshead Power Station | Photo Threads | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Memories: Hartshead Power Station

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nothingtonobody

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
D1E9BC17-3CB2-48C6-86DE-B0C5606D27A4.jpeg

39E30CBF-ECDD-405D-B50A-0DC455C40DF0.jpeg

7C4CA486-8375-4445-9594-1CFCF067FAC9.jpeg

D35B4BA9-E3F8-41DD-9CBD-B69FAC5E4CB2.jpeg

8EAB3A92-8063-4B52-A5EB-F9890F9CDB39.jpeg

228660EB-425E-44AF-8932-3C0DAFDDC078.jpeg

B06F76B1-57F1-4A42-A4E1-1BC4C893655D.jpeg

38FB91C9-940A-4525-840E-83AEF54D8D3B.jpeg

8EEFCFCB-3BAB-4E81-B12F-B6753C3AE13D.jpeg

A1F509CA-5B26-43B4-856F-DB056ED1F718.jpeg

1030C291-A2BD-4E09-9B34-5944BE00FC9F.jpeg

AAF2D8E9-667A-497C-9E72-8326DF15B140.jpeg

26th June 2024, Hartshead Power Station

I was reflecting on some memories and I thought I’d share these pictures here. This was one of the best days of my life; I felt so free, content and fulfilled. Although the power station was stripped of anything interesting, I still appreciated the explore and had a great time. I find it very fascinating and a wonderful opportunity for photography! And the best part was, I was with my favourite person. Urban exploration was still very new to me at the time and I was ecstatic. I climbed up a tree to access the roof of the power station. I ate my lunch with my legs dangling off the edge. We listened to music and danced. I smiled so hard that day. I laughed so much. I had so much fun. There is nothing that will ever erase this from my memory. I wish I could relive this experience over and over again. It was a beautiful warm day and I felt so warm inside. So full and complete. To them it may have been just any ordinary day, but to me it was an experience of a lifetime. Priceless. Infinitely valuable. I will forever be chasing this feeling.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
I think it's fair to say sometimes it's not always the place but the day and nostalgia that makes exploring. Although it does make me miss the days when I was more easily pleased with explores!

Nothingtonobody

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it's fair to say sometimes it's not always the place but the day and nostalgia that makes exploring. Although it does make me miss the days when I was more easily pleased with explores!
It’s definitely the people and the experience that make exploring. I will always cherish these memories and look back fondly. I just don’t think I’ll find someone like that again. But I have myself and that is everything I will need. I’ll keep exploring to honour their memory and to relive the feeling, the thrill.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Are you finding it harder to be pleased with explores nowadays?

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah unfortunately so. The good memories and company can still make the low-key stuff, but a lot of sites I feel like dont do too much for me unless they look really nice or are a new discovery. Might also be to do with my interests becoming more particular.
Yeah it's a funny one. A lot of people find exploring gets stale and wants to try new areas of photography. Or some just want either the newest, best, most challenging or all of them. Personally for me I quite like seeing everything. Everything has interest unless it's totally trashed. But I still enjoy everything I see. I just like getting out there for me.

Wastelandr

Regular User
Yeah it's a funny one. A lot of people find exploring gets stale and wants to try new areas of photography. Or some just want either the newest, best, most challenging or all of them. Personally for me I quite like seeing everything. Everything has interest unless it's totally trashed. But I still enjoy everything I see. I just like getting out there for me.
Yeah I do agree with this to some degree, I do like to see a big mix of things. But there's also some things that aren't so much for me unless Im in the area.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User

I'm definitely going through a particularly stale phase right now, I don't think I've ever felt so unenthusiastic about it as a thing to do.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm definitely going through a particularly stale phase right now, I don't think I've ever felt so unenthusiastic about it as a thing to do.
Is it just bored with it. Or just the amount of people doing it now. Or just it's not like it use to be were you could pick an area and explore for the day.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Is it just bored with it. Or just the amount of people doing it now. Or just it's not like it use to be were you could pick an area and explore for the day.

Or D) all of the above.

I dunno really, I've been doing it for so long now maybe it's only natural you begin to move away into other things. So many people I knew in the community have come and gone and moved on with their lives in the years since I started, people have grown up and gone on and done other things with their lives. I enjoy the portrait/model photography I do far more than shooting derelict buildings nowadays, whilst I will always enjoy exploring it's been way down my list of priorities over the last couple of years.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Or D) all of the above.

I dunno really, I've been doing it for so long now maybe it's only natural you begin to move away into other things. So many people I knew in the community have come and gone and moved on with their lives in the years since I started, people have grown up and gone on and done other things with their lives. I enjoy the portrait/model photography I do far more than shooting derelict buildings nowadays, whilst I will always enjoy exploring it's been way down my list of priorities over the last couple of years.

I can relate to the first part of that. Faces change, people move on, the whole online thing is very different now to how it was.

It took me a little while after moving to start going out on my own again and get back into it. Glad I did though.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Or D) all of the above.

Yeah so many people have moved on from exploring from when I first started. You are prob one of the only one of a few I know who still do it. But it's like any hobby it can get repetitive and stale. And once that happens it's hard to shake off. Luckily I still enjoy doing it, I just don't do it as obsessively as I use too. I do most stuff solo.

Wastelandr

Regular User
I think phases and changing levels of interest is definitely natural and unavoidable, sometimes you've got to just ride it out but it always seems to come back. The good thing with urbex is the variety of things you can do and see, but even then sometimes a break is needed