real time web analytics
Report - - Myton Bridge Foundations, Hull - August 2022 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Myton Bridge Foundations, Hull - August 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
I discovered these bridge foundations well over a year back after stumbling across some papers on the bridge showing fairly detailed drawings with some general info on the workings of the bridge. Its only recently I've revisited to take some nice pictures with the camera.

I remember the first time going down you entre from a hatch on the bridge itself going down into a fairly narrow corridor about 4ft wide running the width of the bridge. About half way down I came across a second hatch after lifting this a set of ladders presented itself disappearing off into the pitch black. Going down only with a faint phone torch the scale of the structure would only reveal itself after finally flicking the light switch on.

The second level of the foundations must have been about 25ft high almost like a concrete cathedral with two rooms at both ends of the structure. Going down another set of ladders to the third level of the foundations reveals an identical layout to the one above but only about 15ft in hight. On the bottom level there's a pump so the foundations don't flood and as you look up there's a large rectangular cut out so you can see right through the full structure.

Enjoy the images : )

bse-pe-c-1981-c016-0012.jpg

bse-re-064-1991-a-0565 (1).jpg

bse-re-064-1991-a-0567.jpg

DSC00078.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC04193.jpg

DSC04234.jpg

DSC04244.jpg

DSC04246.jpg

DSC04210.jpg

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
That's a lot more extensive than I would have thought. Nice one getting in there.
I've always been intrigued by the controller's cabin whenever I drive over the bridge, just because it looks cool half way up the tower. It's unlikely they would leave a way into there open though.

S U B T E R

S U B T E R
28DL Full Member
That's a lot more extensive than I would have thought. Nice one getting in there.
I've always been intrigued by the controller's cabin whenever I drive over the bridge, just because it looks cool half way up the tower. It's unlikely they would leave a way into there open though.
Thank you mate I believe the access to that is through some sliding/foldable doors under the bridge in the "main pier". Well sealed tho it would be cool to see the engineering in there.