real time web analytics
Report - - New Mills Culvert , Marsden , August , 2024 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - New Mills Culvert , Marsden , August , 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Another culvert thats been on my to do list for some time now ! Set in the picturesque town of Marsden the access to this at the downstream entrance was nice and easy at around 140 meters its not to long but quite broad ( in the middle ). Culverting the river Colne its also a tall culvert with a stone built weir at the halfway point ( which proved challenging to get past ) which attracted me to visit and finally get this one put to bed . Arriving early doors i parked up on Mill lane and got to work

PC180856.JPG
down stream start point

PC180873.JPG
looking back then forward
PC180857.JPG

PC180860.JPG
small stream coming in
PC180858.JPG
had a nosy up this before dropping the camera in the water and banging my head finally common sense got the better of me and after it narrowed around the corner i gave up a bad job !
PC180876.JPG
returning to the main explore
PC180859.JPG

PC180861.JPG
this is what i had come to see
PC180872.JPG
The water was deep here no access up the left hand side
PC180870.JPG
managed to shuffle along the edge of the stone work here and climb up on to the top level
PC180863.JPG
up top i got set up again and walked upstream
PC180864.JPG
side opening had a nosy up
PC180865.JPG
a dead end room ! The floor was covered in fine silt so i guess water has brought the silt in but i could find no trace of a pipe or opening strange !
PC180867.JPG
Failed to capture the reflection as good as some of the other reports on here !
PC180868.JPG
infall diddnt exit here but retraced my steps and carefully climbed down the way i came up , not really the smartest thing to do when you are on your own :eek: so was extra careful
PC180871.JPG
last shot before i headed out , loved this underground wall ! Thanks for viewing :thumb