real time web analytics
General - - re: AGC UE circa 2003-2004 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - re: AGC UE circa 2003-2004

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello All,

Was hoping to post some individual reports from my old exploring days back in the NW, but do not have backups of them. Also a little pressed for time these days.

However, most of the site, that I co-ran with a fellow exploring friend is still online courtesy of the internet archive.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050517083022/http://www.geocities.com/urbexers/

Also has details of the UK's first ever draining expo with Siologen, Sub-urban and urban underworld.

Cheers, sure there is lots more I could mention,
PB

PS. If this is not in the right section, feel free to PM me or move to the appropriate forum thread.

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
Thank you for your contribution.

Being that you have been into this hobby before, I implore you to get back into it. I'm sure you can get some good reports together :) Heck I will even help you find some drains if you are in Valencia which to be honest looks pretty fucking awesome for drains, although you seem to have changed your location to Bolton now?

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for your reply Pom.

Will do, just things are pressing for me now, family/work wise. Once things are more stable I will try and up some reports on here.

Changed location to Bolton out of nostalgia, the place I want to be, but related to the above, it's not going to happen anytime for the foreseeable future alas.

Cheers again,
PB

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member
That was an interesting read! Now I know what the mysteriously placed big concrete block is (was) for in the middle of the river under the viaduct (on your Friday 13th page) - the crap trap has long gone now - pic from 2012...

tn_01.jpg

...and the two small rcp outfalls at the other end of this is a small buried brook (Jenny Beck), containing a very foul smelling CSO outfall and is ridiculously stoopy for most of its length - Its been visited a few times, theres reports on here called 'Two Penny Jenny'

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah if you like st00ping around, then Bolton's the place, only midgets with spines of steel need apply.. oh and @paulpowers :D

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That was an interesting read! Now I know what the mysteriously placed big concrete block is (was) for in the middle of the river under the viaduct (on your Friday 13th page) - the crap trap has long gone now - pic from 2012...

tn_01.jpg

...and the two small rcp outfalls at the other end of this is a small buried brook (Jenny Beck), containing a very foul smelling CSO outfall and is ridiculously stoopy for most of its length - Its been visited a few times, theres reports on here called 'Two Penny Jenny'

Yeah, I noticed the fence/trap has long since been removed (washed away?!) from just before what is called Motorway Culvert on that archived site.

I saw some brick egg overflows before this culvert, but thanks for telling me about that. Never had a look in what is called two penny jenny.

Cheers,
PB

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details