real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Hampshire Hospital (Outpatients Department), Winchester - June 2024 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Hampshire Hospital (Outpatients Department), Winchester - June 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
ROYAL HAMPSHIRE HOSPITAL

THE HISTORY:

I wish I could tell you more about this place, but even after relentlessly searching the internet I can find nothing to even report its closure, let alone what it was used for, so here’s what I can tell you:

The Royal Hampshire Hospital is still in use as a main hospital, but the original outpatients department has been closed for many years and has been sold to the University of Winchester, who already own another part of the hospital site around the back. There is very little left in the way of original equipment or signs, but backdating Google Maps shows this place did used to be an Outpatients block, despite signs inside that it may have been used for paediatric purposes.

THE EXPLORE:

Having attempted this one back in April with @jtza to no prevail, we decided to return in June with @UrbandonedTeam and Alex, as we had decided she had some potential for decaying beauty inside. Having been closed since 2012, there is little left inside other than some seemingly-neonatal machines hidden in the backrooms. What was the most surprising about this place was that we appeared to have hit it at the perfect time, completely by chance. Once inside, we were having to duck and dodge the workers crawling all over the place as they had begun demolition on the whole unit, though on the day they were focussed on the building next to ours rather than Outpatients itself – ps. don’t even bother with the building next-door, there’s sod all in it.

This was a very random explore as we happened to be in the area at the time, but it was a nice mooch with some good old decay and a lovely view of the nextdoor… prison.

Untitled.png

External from Google Street View

IMG_4952-HDR.jpg

The main hall at sundown

IMG_4953-HDR.jpg

IMG_4947-HDR.jpg

IMG_4944-HDR.jpg

IMG_4942-HDR.jpg

IMG_4936-HDR.jpg

IMG_4938-HDR.jpg

IMG_4929-HDR.jpg

IMG_4934-HDR.jpg

IMG_4925-HDR.jpg

IMG_4927-HDR.jpg

IMG_4932-HDR.jpg

Thanks for looking!​

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I'm not 100% sure those are incubators, they look more like those big fume hood type things which would have the corrosive-resistant gloves attached to the holes and the large filter units above where the fumes would be extracted through, for sensitive and/or toxic laboratory works - there's something nearly identical in my work.

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm not 100% sure those are incubators, they look more like those big fume hood type things which would have the corrosive-resistant gloves attached to the holes and the large filter units above where the fumes would be extracted through, for sensitive and/or toxic laboratory works - there's something nearly identical in my work.
That would make more sense, I’m hopeless with hospital equipment was kinda hoping someone would have more knowledge!