real time web analytics
Small Town North Wales | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Small Town North Wales

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MOONSHIN3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello everyone,
I’m on my summer break and I’ve recently started exploring my area more and gotten hooked on the idea of urbex. The only issue is that I can’t drive and I’m mainly surrounded by fields. Since I’m fairly rural I’m hoping I’ll find some old tunnels underground or something of that nature. I’m really worried about getting caught so is there any tips you guys have to stay safe and secure. FYI if any of you are in North Wales I’m based Buckley way.

403forbiddenexploration

needs a new username this one's cringe
28DL Full Member
Hey, welcome!

I'm from Shropshire myself, but do often venture into Wales.

There is a lot of interesting stuff to see there, but I can tell you from experience not being able to drive can be quite challenging. Perhaps see if you can persuade someone with a car to join you on explores. It is often nice to have someone else there with you, both for morale and just in case, god forbid, anything bad were to happen.

I really wouldn't worry too much about being caught. There's a stickied thread somewhere on here which goes over the legalities of urbex and trespassing but, for the most part, you have nothing to worry about. That being said, Welsh farmers seem to be exceptionally easy to anger, so be careful :)

Use the search function on here, I can tell you there's at least one fairly recent report on a derp in Buckley. Also check out subbrit for underground stuff, though you may not find much more than a handful of ROC posts about. Still can be worth visiting though, if they aren't completely burned out and/or flooded. And most of all, just get out there and start looking for stuff. Small culverts and stuff can still provide a handful of interesting photos. If anything looks abandoned (use your common sense here, please don't go poking about people's homes) stick your nose in and have a look.

Don't ask for handouts, people will get pissy at you. Just remember, anyone can make an account on here, including those with less good intent. People will be much more willing to talk to you once you start posting a couple of your own reports (get that grey full member badge!). Doesn't have to be the most impressive places or anything, just get out there and start taking photos of stuff.

Looking forward to seeing your first report on here.

MOONSHIN3

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I found a storm drain near me just by walking about! Nobody ik lives near me and none of them can drive. Could I do a report on a storm drain or is that boring? Should I only do a report if it is somewhat interesting?

403forbiddenexploration

needs a new username this one's cringe
28DL Full Member
Storm drains aren't inherently boring. Some are really fucking cool. Others maybe less so.

I'd say go for it. Worst case it gets removed by one of the admins, in that case just don't take it personally or anything.

tigger

mog
Regular User
All good advice from 403.....
I'd add that there is plenty, especially underground, to see around where you live and easy travelling distance (feet, bike or public transport). As well as the search function here use your favourite web crawler but also keep your eyes open to see what you notice around the area (your storm drain discovery suggests you are doing this already)

Get some reports up - they don't need to be amazing places as long as you get a few decent photos and follow the report writing guidelines. For places that don't warrant a 'report' you can always add a few photos into the general photos thread with a few sentences of background. Being active and helpful is as important as posting reports if you really want to get along here.

Welsh farmers are generally far friendlier than Southern English ones?

didiclimbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello everyone,
I’m on my summer break and I’ve recently started exploring my area more and gotten hooked on the idea of urbex. The only issue is that I can’t drive and I’m mainly surrounded by fields. Since I’m fairly rural I’m hoping I’ll find some old tunnels underground or something of that nature. I’m really worried about getting caught so is there any tips you guys have to stay safe and secure. FYI if any of you are in North Wales I’m based Buckley way.
I'm from Wrexham myself pal. Hit me up