real time web analytics
Report - - Westwick Pump House Remains..Norfolk, June 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Westwick Pump House Remains..Norfolk, June 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I had visited here last year but I lost my photos from here when I lost a whole batch of them. So i made a revisit last month to rephotograph it. Big thanks to Dan who found this one. It’s hidden well in some boggy woodland. As Dan said in his report history is really hard to find on this one. It’s a shell of a pump house now with just the lower brick walls remaining. I wonder if the upper half was originally wooden and it slowly rotted and was taken away, or the wood repurposed elsewhere. It does have some remaining machinery inside with some wheels and rods. Some empty concrete plinths what hosted some more machinery. I think it might have been to do with Westwick House which owned the land around here. There use to be an old cottage the other side of the land what belonged to the gamekeeper many years ago and one I visited years ago. The pump house is quite a size when stood in it and bigger than it looks in photos. I would have loved to have seen it intact with all the machinery in it. But it’s still overly to see just sitting there peacefully in woodland.

Some old outlet pipes away from the pump house.

IMG_4428.jpeg

IMG_4429.jpeg

The remains of the doors which are quite a size.

IMG_4430.jpeg

IMG_4431.jpeg

IMG_4432.jpeg

IMG_4433.jpeg

IMG_4434.jpeg

IMG_4435.jpeg

IMG_4436.jpeg

IMG_4437.jpeg

IMG_4438.jpeg

IMG_4439.jpeg

IMG_4440.jpeg

IMG_4441.jpeg

IMG_4442.jpeg

IMG_4443.jpeg

IMG_4444.jpeg

IMG_4445.jpeg

IMG_4446.jpeg

IMG_4447.jpeg

IMG_4448.jpeg

IMG_4449.jpeg

IMG_4450.jpeg

IMG_4451.jpeg

IMG_4452.jpeg

IMG_4454.jpeg

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely set mate, you did the place justice. Even though it's ruined it has a certain charm for sure, and the surrounding woodland is quite nice too, it could be a good fungi location for autumn perhaps being quite damp.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely set mate, you did the place justice. Even though it's ruined it has a certain charm for sure, and the surrounding woodland is quite nice too, it could be a good fungi location for autumn perhaps being quite damp.
Thank you mate. I think it's got a lovely charm about it and enjoyed both visits. First visit I carried on through to some open areas that had loads of butterflies. I reckon you could be right about a good fungi ground.

Last edited: