real time web analytics
Report - - William Rowland, Sheffield, 07/24 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - William Rowland, Sheffield, 07/24

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
IMG_8233.jpeg

Second explore on the Sheffield trip with the missus!

History

William Rowland is a metal supplier and finished based in Sheffield, founded in 1830 by Johnathan Rowland. The company was the first to import Swedish iron into Sheffield in 1840, and made mainly cutlery products. This specific site shut down in 2020. There is an in-depth history on their website:

Explore

I have expected it to be completely ruined considering the sudden popularity, but funnily enough it was a lot of fun to go through, there is something about the big, empty factory spaces, dicking about with the crane controls.

The access was fairly easy, which is surprising given the state of the place, however with how public it is, it is definitely a peculiar one as we got a lot of funny looks whilst making our entry. Everything inside was easy to access with no limitations I know of, which made for a relaxed explore. The photography opportunities were wonderful, too, as the large open spaces, as well as the ruined office block did make some good shots!
Speaking of, I didn’t get many photos of the offices or the external, as they were a mess, and are fairly bland considering it’s your average modern space. My girlfriend did get photos however she may put her own report up, so I’d rather she use them for hers, as I believe they’re great photos and they’re worthy of their own report!

Anyway, on with the photos. Again, any advice would be appreciated.

IMG_8220.jpeg

IMG_8291.jpeg

IMG_8292.jpeg

IMG_8222.jpeg

IMG_8225.jpeg

IMG_8226.jpeg

IMG_8230.jpeg

IMG_8233.jpeg

IMG_8232.jpeg

IMG_8234.jpeg

IMG_8252.jpeg

IMG_8266.jpeg

What a shame to see a nice photo ruined by graff.

IMG_8267.jpeg

IMG_8269.jpeg

IMG_8283.jpeg

IMG_8279.jpeg

IMG_8288.jpeg

IMG_8289.jpeg

That’s all, folks.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I see the roller shutter is still open, one of my friends (naming no names) couldn't fit through the hole next to it and then I discovered the chains to open the shutter manually still worked, nice and easy after that :rofl

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
I see the roller shutter is still open, one of my friends (naming no names) couldn't fit through the hole next to it and then I discovered the chains to open the shutter manually still worked, nice and easy after that :rofl
Definitely saved us the effort, especially as we were worried about how difficult it’ll be to get in. Was a pleasant surprise!

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looking pretty trashed now, those upstairs office windows were intact when i visited, still like you say its a nice little explore though :thumb