real time web analytics
Report - - Xercecise4Less Sunderland Tyne & Wear October 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Xercecise4Less Sunderland Tyne & Wear October 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
I pinned this place by chance and knowing it had permanently closed I decided to have a look.
Closed in April, then due to the pandemic, the gym never reopened.
The gym was stripped of all the machines and was mostly empty, apart from a few things lying around.
The gym still smelt like a gym, with a hint of damp.
There was running power and water still was half tempted to make myself a cuppa...
There isnt much left in Sunderland, so feels good to find summit new.

The Company are still active and still have a few gyms open in the country but due to losses through the pandemic, they have had to close a few of them.

View attachment

Thanks for looking.

MarkusCP87

28DL Full Member
I fully expect there to be a spate of leisure industry closures announced going forwards into winter, places like this are the tip of the iceberg I fear. Whilst it'd be great to have some new stuff to explore you've got to feel for the staff involved losing their jobs.
I totally agree mate, it's awful that people are losing there job because of this covid, the only hotel in my town closed down and I know some of he staff, it's an awful time.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Ive seen many units like this now closed, never see a way in, so big kudos for getting in one. I agree with Mooks here. Whilst it gives us new locations, its a sad day when so many have lost their businesses and jobs. Great photos though.

MarkusCP87

28DL Full Member
Ive seen many units like this now closed, never see a way in, so big kudos for getting in one. I agree with Mooks here. Whilst it gives us new locations, its a sad day when so many have lost their businesses and jobs. Great photos though.
It's a sad time and as negative as I sound it's only gonna get worse. I would rather see people working and explore derps,than see so many places left and people jobless.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
It's a sad time and as negative as I sound it's only gonna get worse. I would rather see people working and explore derps,than see so many places left and people jobless.
You are only telling the truth, it is going to get worse sadly. As is everything, no end in sight sadly.

Who has read this thread (Total: 320) View details