real time web analytics
Report - - London Brick Company - Stewartby - July 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - London Brick Company - Stewartby - July 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dctraining

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Background: The London Brick Company began in the late 1800s in response to industrialization and the need for construction materials. Although named the London Brick Company, it was located in Bedfordshire due to the abundance of clay. The town of Stewartby was largely developed to provide worker housing for the brickworks. Further information can be found here: Hosted By Bedford Borough Council: London Brick Company in Stewartby

Explore: The complex is large, with both factory buildings and kilns remaining. There appears to be minimal care taken to preventing visitors. The fence has many holes that have evidently existed for a long time. The first stop is a kiln, which was visually interesting from the exterior.

DSCF2128.JPG

Unfortunately, the "interior" was much less exciting. I may have missed something, but it essentially seemed to be just filled with loose bricks. It was a bit tough to scramble to the top and I did not find it worth the effort.
DSCF2132.JPG

However, the industrial buildings offered much more urbex photography opportunities.
DSCF2125-EDIT.jpg

DSCF2089.jpg

There wasn't much left behind, but there's still some beauty in the industrial space. Enough furniture and machinery remains to give clues as to each room's past life.
DSCF2082.JPG

An easy and recommended explore!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Gotta love Stewartby but is that really all the pics u got? there is still loads to see there, the other side of the hopper room? the "newer" building with overhead crane & lifting tackle store?

dctraining

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gotta love Stewartby but is that really all the pics u got? there is still loads to see there, the other side of the hopper room? the "newer" building with overhead crane & lifting tackle store?
I got scared! Not used to sites like this having on site security in the US and wanted to stay far away from where they were

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Makes you wonder why they haven't just levelled it completely. Nothing really worth saving now. I remember the chimney that was inside the remaining shed had a nice makers brick in the base.. wonder if it got saved.

The Young One

Theres rust in my blood
28DL Full Member
Makes you wonder why they haven't just levelled it completely. Nothing really worth saving now. I remember the chimney that was inside the remaining shed had a nice makers brick in the base.. wonder if it got saved.
I believe there going to as universal studios have bought the land and are planning to build a theme park on it

Who has read this thread (Total: 145) View details