real time web analytics
New member with a different agenda... | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New member with a different agenda...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stubby47

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone, hopefully you'll accept me as a member.

I make model buildings, mainly for model railways clients, but am open to any sort of requests - No, I'm not looking to advertise my services here, but it's why I've joined the forum.

What I would like to do, firstly is send a note of thanks to @Tunnel Gricer , for the photos they posted about Ashby Tunnel. I was commissioned to make a model, and found the extra photos on here very useful.

I'm not an urban explorer, at least not to the extent that seems popular on here, but I am an avid buildings investigator, their history and story, as all this helps when creating my models.

If I may, I'll add a photo of the tunnel mouth.

Cheers

Stu

tunnel_03.jpg

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
That looks amazing! To be fair there is a ton of railway infrastructure and buildings that would be a good model, the good shed at Heyrod power station, or maybe the Dinting engine shed, a lot of possibility. I would love to see your work

Stubby47

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That looks amazing! To be fair there is a ton of railway infrastructure and buildings that would be a good model, the good shed at Heyrod power station, or maybe the Dinting engine shed, a lot of possibility. I would love to see your work
Again, thanks for your comments.
Most of my models are not actually railway infrastructure, as they are well catered for by the main model manufacturers. My portfolio includes bespoke models of specific structures for clients who are reproducing a certain area.

My website is www.stubby47.com

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Not normally a fan of the plasticard walling, I know some people can make it look great but I've always preferred the separate clay block construction. It takes forever of course but the results are amazing. Also depends on scale required.
Keep up the good work, would like to see some abandoned buildings like denby done.

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
That's amazing mate, maybe try making one of these:

(Not my photos).

Stubby47

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's amazing mate, maybe try making one of these:

(Not my photos).
Thanks. That's a little bit ( no, a whole huge bit) bigger than I've done before. But, as a completed model, to then sell on, it is a distinct possibility.