real time web analytics
Report - - Newington Butts London Feb 17 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Newington Butts London Feb 17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Explored with Riddlers

Overlooking St Mary’s Churchyard Park in Elephant & Castle, Newington Butts will consist of a 45 storey tower next to a block of 7 storey terraces. The tower will accommodate a 180 seat theatre for Southwark Playhouse and a concession café.

BCAL are responsible for the delivery of the public realm and private courtyards. The terrace building is a series of pavilions, with transparent cores between them providing a visual connection between St. Mary’s Churchyard and the courtyard behind.

Client: Mace Group

Concept Architect: Roger Stirk Harbour + Partners

Delivery Architect: Axis Architects

Construction value: £97m

Things have changed since I was last doing high stuff, everything we looked at has cctv, infa red cameras & microphone bloody things, gone are the days of climbing a fence & avoiding a security bod in his office.

Ten floors up and we here voices, we assume we've been picked up on the cctv and they're onto us, we're in the shit anyway so decide we might as well come out with photos as a bit of a softener for the grief that will no doubt be coming our way.

40 floors worth of staircases & 8 ladders thrown in as a killer, we're on one of the most sketchy roofs I've ever stood on (tower wise), ply wood & mesh, with lots of holes was all that was holding it together, we didn't hang about long.

Unfortunately the weather was shit but on a clear night this would be the nuts.

20 minutes and we headed down, every level exspecting to get nabed, it didn't happen, ground level, sprint across the yard, over the fence, back in the van, happy days.

elevatedviewdec8_pm_zps8szcougx.jpg

20170211_234321_zpsmhl7fxez.jpg

20170211_232816_zpsdxs2ktny.jpg

20170211_232225_zpsvib6gf52.jpg

20170211_232036_zpsbbgunm7r.jpg

20170211_232030_zpskrqaabup.jpg

20170211_232004_zps5wd6okfh.jpg

20170211_231927_zps47nygfni.jpg

20170211_232042_zpsh5oct05x.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
'Microphones' are for noise pollution monitoring they are not used for security, most sites have them now anyway, cameras are always a gamble but with the feet dangling lot baiting everything up on YouTube & Insta it's come as no surprise most of these places have a fuck ton of stuff thrown at them to keep the casual trespasser out, that said there really isn't anything that hasn't or can't be done with some effort ;)

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
'Microphones' are for noise pollution monitoring they are not used for security, most sites have them now anyway, cameras are always a gamble but with the feet dangling lot baiting everything up on YouTube & Insta it's come as no surprise most of these places have a fuck ton of stuff thrown at them to keep the casual trespasser out, that said there really isn't anything that hasn't or can't be done with some effort ;)

Haha fair enough, I just assumed it was a security device, since it was strapped onto the fencing of the building, I'm back in my small village now anyway, where you'd be burnt as a witch for having such technology ;)

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details