real time web analytics
Report - - Ovenden brook & Mill , Halifax , 6.5.24 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ovenden brook & Mill , Halifax , 6.5.24

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Only my second outing this year as im sure you are all aware the weather has not been to kind to us drainers , but with a bank holiday and dry weather over the weekend it would have been a chance missed not to get out . following on downstream from my last explore i decided to have a nosy at the Ovenden waterfall had seen this on google maps and it seamed like a good point to blow of them cobwebs and get back underground

P5060840.JPG
There where two smaller sections downstream from my last explore this was one of them the other a similar length further upstream neither one anything major .
P5060811.JPG
Start point at the waterfall very slippery to get down then next pic looking back
P5060813.JPG
onwards downstream
P5060814.JPG
small side tunnel coming in
P5060816.JPG
sewer pipe on bed of the stream in cast iron
P5060817.JPG

P5060818.JPG
there was some junk down here the culvert could do with a clean out
P5060819.JPG
next up a mini waterfall
P5060821.JPG
best snap
P5060823.JPG
The culvert changed in style hear a lot higher and ladder access
P5060825.JPG
looking back upstream
P5060827.JPG

P5060826.JPG

P5060829.JPG
light at the end
P5060828.JPG
then out and looking back at the stone arch and old mill
P5060831.JPG
The next part proved to be a disappointment for me looked like a giant vegetable caulinder
P5060832.JPG

P5060833.JPG
no access through ! Last few pics are of the old mill not really my thing looks like its in the process of being turned in to apartments or something
P5060834.JPG

P5060835.JPG

P5060836.JPG

P5060837.JPG

P5060838.JPG
well it least it got me back in the saddle again a little rusty with some of the pics but thanks for veiwing 👍

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Fair play for getting down this little stooper. I recall looking at this years ago but sacked it off as my back would not tolerate that. :lol

I think this one got called NFI and there was a large CSO chamber with a processor somewhere along the length of it.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Fair play for getting down this little stooper. I recall looking at this years ago but sacked it off as my back would not tolerate that. :lol

I think this one got called NFI and there was a large CSO chamber with a processor somewhere along the length of it.
Cheers Vicar was a bit stoopy was hoping to get further downstream i know it links up with pipemare may have to attack it from the other way . from strantons excellent report yes there is a cso further downstream :thumb

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
if you continue along the road pass the Suez dump there's a car park,
the outfall from the peeper pot & infall to pipemare can be accessed via a short open section across a low wall.

Screenshot_20240507-185547_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
if you continue along the road pass the Suez dump there's a car park,
the outfall from the peeper pot & infall to pipemare can be accessed via a short open section across a low wall.

Screenshot_20240507-185547_Maps.jpg
Cheers mate your report was great gave me a push to have a go at it :thumb next time im up there will call and get it finished proper