real time web analytics
Report - - Pentrechwyth Congregational Chapel | Swansea | September 2024 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pentrechwyth Congregational Chapel | Swansea | September 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ryhs

Proud Welsh
28DL Full Member
History
This one was a pain to research and I could not find much about it.
On the front of the chapel it says ‘Pentrechwyth Congregational Chapel’ which I assume was the final name before closure.
Located in Pentrechwyth which is a part of the Llansamlet area of Swansea, The only thing I could find about this place was a mention here and there from welsh archives confirming it was actually used.
A lot of sources I found were seemingly mixed with the nearby St peters which closed in 2021.
Coflein states it was under the name ‘Bethlehem Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel’ (Rolls off the tongue) At some point aswell, but this could possibly be another error?? I’m not entirely sure.
Coflein states it was built in 1876 and rebuilt / modified in 1904. I could not find a date of closure and i don’t want to put incorrect info on this report. We did find paint and step ladders that im certain were used for some sort of restoration attempt. I will leave it at that.

The explore:

It looked like there was no entry, but @A-DOG found a way ;)

The bottom floor windows were walled up, so no light got in. The place also had evidence of fire damage from the inside. The entire place was just dark and gloomy and something felt off about the place. We were only in there for around 10 minutes before we decided to get out.

The pics:

The outside of the chapel
469c1e8e-f722-473b-9e4f-d83714d46d96.jpeg

the roof we had to stand on
IMG_0747.jpeg

The inside
IMG_0749.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

This picture is a favourite of mine
IMG_0752.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

IMG_0754.jpeg