real time web analytics
Report - - Remains of Brunnschweiler & Company, Hyde, 09/24 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Remains of Brunnschweiler & Company, Hyde, 09/24

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
History taken from Wessexarch

The site was originally developed in 1812 by the Ashton family, and called Newton Bank Print Works. The Works continued to expand and develop until its height during the mid-20th century. By 1966, Newton Bank Print Works was the only remaining wax print company in the UK. By 2007, various factors meant that all manufacturing ceased at the ABC Works, with the work and all machinery transferred to Ghana. The majority of the buildings across the site now stand empty.

The place turns out to be a bit of an old one on this site, which explains why it isn’t very popular given very little is left outside of a couple small warehouses and bomb shelters. The place is still a fun little mooch and makes for a fun hour out, enjoying the sheer size of the warehouse, as well as the acoustics (a bit of shitty singing on my end). I probably let everyone know exactly where we were but no one showed up so I wasn’t complaining. There is a fair few photos as I was enjoying the red doors and pipe work against the sheet metal, it was quite aesthetic.

IMG_9449.jpeg

IMG_9511.jpeg

IMG_9450.jpeg

IMG_9451.jpeg

Aforementioned Shelters

IMG_9452.jpeg

IMG_9453.jpeg

Warning signs

IMG_9503.jpeg

Inside the warehouse, I couldn’t get in the smaller one and it did seem active, although I could be wrong.

IMG_9457.jpeg

IMG_9455.jpeg

IMG_9472.jpeg

IMG_9475.jpeg

Some substance. Not exactly keen on finding out what it is.

IMG_9470.jpeg

IMG_9471.jpeg

Time for the nicer shots

IMG_9462.jpeg

IMG_9463.jpeg

IMG_9467.jpeg

IMG_9480.jpeg

IMG_9483.jpeg

IMG_9504.jpeg

IMG_9513.jpeg

Twattery

IMG_9522.jpeg