real time web analytics
Report - - Royal Mail Sorting Offices, Nuneaton - September 2024 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Royal Mail Sorting Offices, Nuneaton - September 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Royal Mail Sorting Offices, Nuneaton - September 2024

Royal Mail vacated these 60s sorting offices along Justice Walk in Nuneaton town centre during July 2024 and moved to some crap looking new ones to enable this part of the town centre to be redeveloped. The neighbouring buildings are some derped offices (Powell House) and an abandoned former branch of Wilkos (RIP) which are also due for demolition to allow for a £20m regeneration, which will ‘provide a mix of high quality urban family homes and improved community facilities through the delivery of a new library and business centre’.

Had a look at this while nearby for a family thing, my first job was based in some similar looking Royal Mail sorting offices so this was a bit of a throwback.

1 (4).jpg

1 (14).jpg

1 (12).jpg

1 (11).jpg

1 (13).jpg

1 (2).jpg

1 (5).jpg

1 (10).jpg

1 (8).jpg

1 (9).jpg

1 (3).jpg

1 (16).jpg

I liked the slightly mysterious sounding 'special purposes room'

1 (19).jpg

1 (20).jpg

1 (1).jpg

Counters

1 (6).jpg

1 (7).jpg

1 (15).jpg

1 (17).jpg

1 (21).jpg

1 (18).jpg

I also had a quick nosey in the Wilkos next door to go and have a cry in the pick n mix aisle

w (1).jpg

w (2).jpg

w (3).jpg

w (4).jpg

#wilkosbex​

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Really cool, some parts of that look very similar to the back of house parts of the awesome one that used to be in Leicester. Kinda makes me wish I'd checked out the one I found in Scotland a bit ago but thought would be crap so didn't bother.

pastybap

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice! I know it is wrong to take things, leave only footprints, but that royal mail hi viz looks cool, and the royal mail clock, some nice gems found in this report:):)

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
nice! I know it is wrong to take things, leave only footprints, but that royal mail hi viz looks cool, and the royal mail clock, some nice gems found in this report:):)

Yes if you're a bit of a souvenir hunter there's some cute stuff in there. Fortunately I try and live a bit of a junk free life, otherwise I'd be walking around in a nice navy blue royal mail jacket right now!

I suppose many of these mid-century sorting offices are coming to the end of their lives and many may contain dated elements within them. RM don't seem to like modernising them thankfully!