real time web analytics
Video - - St. Mary's Infirmary Melton Mowbray Oct '17 | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video - St. Mary's Infirmary Melton Mowbray Oct '17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

First off shout out to @Punk had no idea he could've lent us a hand on this one, ironic as it was his treads that lead me here, now he's mad at me;)

with that out the way let me lay down the lore:
The History

" Gracefully stolen from another report "​

The Workhouse was built in 1836 on the east side of Melton on Thorpe End Road, comprising four wards and spacious yards. It is now St. Mary's Hospital and still serving the local area.
When it was built it cost £6000 and was designed to house three hundred people.According to White's trade directory of 1846, it rarely housed more than half of that number at that time.
The workhouse was somewhere poor people in the area could go. In return for food and clothing they were given work to do. The former workhouse later became St Mary's Hospital.

The site I entered was the infirmary and for the brief time i spent there, as some goober set off the alarm and we instinctively bailed, It was a fun adventure filled with puzzles and interesting pictures, although i only managed to take 2 given the whole alarm scenario, mainly of x-rays that i found strewn about the place. although they are not the best quality given the circumstances so i'll probably not post them :(

hopefully there's a round two in the near future and I'll get some sexy snaps.....

I apologise profusely:coat

hamtagger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Why the hell did you climb literally over a building to get to where you were at 1:00min into the vid? You can walk in in other places..

hamtagger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We had no idea what we were doing mate
I noticed that..

Nothing wrong with winging it sometimes when there's no other information to rely on, but sometimes it's worth taking a step back and thinking about it from time to time. That's all i'm saying, but at the end of the day you got into the place. I think it's just eerbex videos that irritates me and a lot of people would rather see pictures. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe that's sadly the way things are heading nowadays

Torch the porch monkey

Urbex monkey
28DL Full Member
I noticed that..

Nothing wrong with winging it sometimes when there's no other information to rely on, but sometimes it's worth taking a step back and thinking about it from time to time. That's all i'm saying, but at the end of the day you got into the place. I think it's just eerbex videos that irritates me and a lot of people would rather see pictures. Maybe i'm wrong, maybe that's sadly the way things are heading nowadays

I would take pictures but sadly I don't have the equipment, other than my iPhone, and due to circumstances wasn't there long enough to take any…

Appreciate the feedback though ^_^

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
I watched this on Monday at work. Came up in suggested videos on youtube. Well done for getting in, didn't realise it was still doable.

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details