real time web analytics
Report - - Valley Brook Pump House, Cheshire - December 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Valley Brook Pump House, Cheshire - December 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
Back in December between Christmas and New Year, myself and @JakeV50 embarked on a 4-day trip where we did some places in Manchester, Cheshire, Lincolnshire amongst others. It turned out to be fairly unsuccessful, with the only noteworthy places being Fletchers and this lovely little pump house.

Information & History
The pump house is nestled beside the Valley Brook watercourse and contains two Dynamo & Crypto slip ring induction motors dating back to 1935, one of which powered a Tangye 3 piston water pump still in situ. A smaller motor, also manufactured in 1935, is seated at the far end of the building manufactured by Worthington. Other notable items include a few ampere gauges and various wall-mounted electrical boxes. No other information can be found on this site as no borehole record exists for the location.

The Explore
We parked up at a local shop and walked down, it was a fairly relaxed 15/20 minute walk, then onto the field and into the building. We must’ve spent around an hour inside, the lighting was challenging in places but the pics came out well enough in the end. It was nice to see all the original equipment intact most of which I haven’t seen before. I have noticed there are a lot of stations with similar equipment but the machinery in here definitely seemed pretty rare.

Photos

1.jpg

IMG_8437-HDR.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

collage.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Thanks for looking!

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellent photos. I couldn't find anything on the history of this one either. I thought perhaps it was something to do with the nearby hall but I'm just guessing. We have plenty of Worthington Simpson pumps where I work - a bit more modern than that relic though.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellent photos. I couldn't find anything on the history of this one either. I thought perhaps it was something to do with the nearby hall but I'm just guessing. We have plenty of Worthington Simpson pumps where I work - a bit more modern than that relic though.
Cheers mate, yeah it's strange how there isn't a borehole record or anything, very odd.