real time web analytics
Report - - Various sites..Belgium & France 2015/2016 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Various sites..Belgium & France 2015/2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
A little collection from the few trips I have made over the continent. I have only made four trips visiting twenty places over them four trips, not all the locations are here, but a few pics from each one. I can’t see me getting over the continent again any time soon, it’s a completely different way it seems over there. But sure they have problems and drama over there too. Most of these were code named places, they seem obsessed with it on the continent. I am sure most of these places many of you have visited, as they were very popular. But I had great fun on my euro trips, long days, early starts, late finishes. But some great laughs and ,pmenories with my friends, Again I was stuck with a 28mm lens at its widest.

Chateau Kingfisher

This was a random chateau we stopped at, it was stripped but had some lovely colours and features inside.

IMG_6145.jpeg

IMG_6146.jpeg

IMG_6148.jpeg

IMG_6149.jpeg

Château Seccession

Another chateau that was to become a very popular one. I think it ended up having big crowds visiting. It soon had a large fite that destroyed it.

IMG_6151.jpeg

IMG_6152.jpeg

IMG_6153.jpeg

IMG_6154.jpeg

Star Trek Church

A nice little church that got its name through being like a space ship inside. Not sure who thinks of these names, better than murder church I guess.

IMG_6156.jpeg

IMG_6157.jpeg

IMG_6158.jpeg

IMG_6159.jpeg

IM Tower

A very popular spot, and going inside uou can see why. This was were I could have done with a wide angle lens. Never did get to see the power station over the water.

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6161.jpeg

IMG_6162.jpeg

IMG_6163.jpeg

Shed Tower

Named so because it had a random shed plonked in the middle of it for some reason. It had a few sheds next to it with bits of machinery in it. We had an angry local come shouting at us here. Only issue we had on our trips.

IMG_6164.jpeg

IMG_6165.jpeg

IMG_6166.jpeg

Mont G

A stunning former monastery that was used as a school. A stunning building.

IMG_6169.jpeg

IMG_6171.jpeg

IMG_6172.jpeg

IMG_6174.jpeg

Manoir Dentist

What looked like an old house, but was used as a dentist. Some work had started to convert it but had stopped. But the attraction here was the fully equipped dental rooms, two of them untouched. The setting here on the river was gorgeous.

IMG_6175.jpeg

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg

Continued..

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Alla Italia

A former luxury spa bath facility that shut down when they moved to a newer location. The architecture in here was amazing. I think work started on this not long after to restore it. The service areas below in the basement were nice. Seemed no one bothered really going down there.

IMG_6181.jpeg

IMG_6182.jpeg

IMG_6183.jpeg

IMG_6184.jpeg

IMG_6185.jpeg

IMG_6186.jpeg

IMG_6187.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

IMG_6191.jpeg

Villa Walfhart

Just a large house, it did have its own little chapel. Not sure if this is a common thing with large houses in Belguim.

IMG_6192.jpeg

IMG_6193.jpeg

IMG_6194.jpeg

IMG_6195.jpeg

Blue Christ Church

A nice Belguim church. Think the Christ on the church was in blue so hence its name.

IMG_6196.jpeg

IMG_6197.jpeg

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6201.jpeg

Schola CLXXV

A former college in a small town. Very plain and clean, had a stunning chapel attached to it.

IMG_6206.jpeg

IMG_6214.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

IMG_6217.jpeg

Prison H15

This was probably the most popular location at the time. This large prison attracted a lot of people to it. It was totally trashed but very phogenic. A large gypsy site was camped outside, we had no issues but had heard of others having problems with them. Was a few groups in there taking photos when we went. A large women’s prison sat next door as well, that was always secure, but a few people managed it eventually.

IMG_6219.jpeg

IMG_6220.jpeg

IMG_6221.jpeg

Sanatorium De Foret

This was my first ever explore abroad. We set off from uk in the evening, travelled to France over the channel in the night, then drove down to here and tried to get a few hours sleep in the car. We made our way through the large woods to it early in the morning, it seemed quite eerie as the fog was surrounding it as we came out of the trees and see this large building. The hospital covered two big blocks. It also had a separate mortuary. I wished I knew what I was doing with a camera more then, but it was a great experience though, and ain’t that why we explore.

IMG_6223.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

IMG_6226.jpeg

IMG_6227.jpeg

IMG_6229.jpeg

IMG_6230.jpeg

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Great selection. I miss the crazy Euro antics a lot.

Villa Walfahrt was a religious run cancer hospice before it closed, hence the little chapel. There was a whole load of paperwork and condolence papers and cards in an old dresser in one of the upstairs corridors.

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Epic report. Some of those locations bringing back great memories. The prison was mint condition when we went and I remember the camp very well, getting funny looks as we left.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great selection. I miss the crazy Euro antics a lot.

Villa Walfahrt was a religious run cancer hospice before it closed, hence the little chapel. There was a whole load of paperwork and condolence papers and cards in an old dresser in one of the upstairs corridors.
Ah so that's what it was. I guess that's what you get for rushing. My mate wanted us to get loads of places in. I would sooner have gone slower and done less.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Epic report. Some of those locations bringing back great memories. The prison was mint condition when we went and I remember the camp very well, getting funny looks as we left.
Must have been a long time ago if that place was mint. The camp was there forever it seemed.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Lovely selection some amazing stuff there gutted I missed these places now but the continent still has soo much to offer.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
What a fab ensemble. You saw some real beauts on these trips. Hard to pick a fav, as all quite beautiful.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
What a fab ensemble. You saw some real beauts on these trips. Hard to pick a fav, as all quite beautiful.
Cheers Jane. Yeah was some good trips. They did seem a bit rushed for me, but can live with that. I know some love rushing around getting as many as they can. I like to take my time seeing the place, taking it in and getting photos.