real time web analytics
Report - - A&E Warehouse, Sheffield 07/24 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A&E Warehouse, Sheffield 07/24

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
First of the Sheffield trip with the missus.

History (Mainly from HughieD report)

Not a lot is really present about the history, as it is mainly a regular, white shell warehouse without many fascinating features. The warehouse is based on the former Hallamshire Works in the Neepsend district, directly across from the Cannon Brewery site. Google search gives that it is an A&E warehouse, along with multiple other covers of the site. The site was vacated early 2016, and Hughie mentions photos back from when it was up for sale as an industrial lot, however I cannot find these which is a shame. The site had multiple abandoned trailers littered along the yard, as well as a large wall, which has subsequently been demolished, as well as the trailers being removed.

Explore

As a first time visit to Sheffield, the first thing I noticed was not the lovely architecture (not), the lovely sunny sky or the lovely folk, but the smell of SHIT that just stuck around. It was horrible, how does that even happen? Anyway, this was the first place we marked for the visit, to sort of start top to bottom for a couple places. Access was unimaginably easy, however we didn’t expect the lack of trailers, as well as the large quantity of rubble of site. Plus, the site being so close to the road definitely made it awkward. Next time I plan visiting somewhere so open, may bring a hi vis and a JSP hard hat :D (Is this a solid strategy? I really want to try it lol)

Anyway, the building itself was very interesting, despite being so empty. I’m an EOT crane fanatic so I feel teased seeing the two sets of tracks, but with nothing on either, ignoring the wackiest gantry I’ve ever been on, I’ve never seen one like that before and it is very peculiar, in an interesting way. The toilets made for a couple interesting shots, with dingy lighting and the smell of piss, and the rooms at the end were pretty empty and full of needles and condoms. Wonderful.

Worth visiting if you fancy a clamber about the crane, or if you enjoy the graffiti, however with planning applications for the brewery being put through, I don’t think you’ve got long. It was also interesting using the place to try photography in working on, any advice and feedback would be appreciated :)

IMG_8152.jpeg

IMG_8153.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

IMG_8148.jpeg

IMG_8149.jpeg

IMG_8151.jpeg

IMG_8160.jpeg

IMG_8161.jpeg

IMG_8197.jpeg

Toilet block

IMG_8198.jpeg

Gantry crane!

IMG_8192.jpeg

IMG_8171.jpeg

IMG_8169.jpeg

IMG_8180.jpeg

IMG_8188.jpeg

IMG_8189.jpeg

Anyway, that’s really it for that one. Worth doing? Definitely! Would go again? Probably not. Highly recommend, photo advice would be appreciated.

403forbiddenexploration

needs a new username this one's cringe
28DL Full Member
Interesting. I stumbled into this place during the Sheffield meet but never knew what it was.

I like the crane pics, quite cool that.

The road was pretty quiet last I was there. Besides, Sheffield seemed pretty chill, I doubt most people would've said anything if you were seen. But yeah, hi vis strategy can work well too.

Last edited:

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Interesting. I stumbled into this place during the Sheffield meet but never knew what it was.

I like the crane pics, quite cool that.

The road seemed pretty quiet last I was there. Besides, Sheffield seemed pretty chill, I doubt most people would've said anything if you were seen. But yeah, hi vis strategy can work well too.
Funnily enough, when walking around Cannon brewery, we were getting a LOT of stares from construction workers, with a couple of them on the phone. Could just be paranoia, but the last thing you want is anything like that occurring.

And I’ll try the hi-vis idea. It may save teenagers getting in my way, too. Most I know would bolt at ‘workers’!

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
I have wore hi viz a few times. Although I think in Sheffield and looking how many people have been here graffitiing and bonking away, I don’t think hi viz matters to much.

IMG_6643.jpeg
That’s a cracking photo, and the hi vis idea seems like it’ll work to be fair, slap on some Dunlop pants and a CAT shirt and it’ll do the job :D

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cheers mate. Yeah and a clip board and you look the part. This was when I was sussing all the bits at RAF Coltishall. I made eight visits. I gave up wearing the vest after two ha ha.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Hiding in plain sight with a high vis vest definitely has it's place in some circumstances it must be said. Not all though, so use common sense!

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Hiding in plain sight with a high vis vest definitely has it's place in some circumstances it must be said. Not all though, so use common sense!
Of course, it’s about knowing when it’s smart to do so. Although, I’d love to push my luck and give it a try :D

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Wow, when I went there was hardly any graffiti at all. Ashamed not ashamed to say I found a big box of massive roof bulbs and threw a couple of them up and enjoyed the loud bang they made when they smashed on the floor. Didn't know what the place was though. There was a few bits and pieces around and not as empty as this. Was after another failed brewery attempt.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not sure this is worth doing IMO I spent 10 min in here with a few phone pics & thats about it lol