real time web analytics
Report - - Jugholes Lead Mine, Matlock, Derbyshire, May 2022 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Jugholes Lead Mine, Matlock, Derbyshire, May 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Both levels are still impressive, even if you couldn't cover all of the lower level. Love seeing the old carts too. Id love to see and hear a video one day of you, Bikin, D&B and Tom all doing one together, im sure the banter would have me in stitches but also in awe of what you all do
I will happily show you around a mine or take you caving if you ever feel like it just let me no :thumb, doesn’t have to be risky it should always be fun though !!

Mr Budge

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Takes about 20 mins don't it

yeah it aint massive but a nice little trip, Last time we did it someone rigged a rope from the upper series climbing shaft only possible SRT but really not needed as the climbs are the best bit (unless you want a quick escape from the cave spiders that is )

Jl.urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah it aint massive but a nice little trip, Last time we did it someone rigged a rope from the upper series climbing shaft only possible SRT but really not needed as the climbs are the best bit (unless you want a quick escape from the cave spiders that is )

Yeah a handline does help for the last little bit on the way out but it's definately doable without it, my ten year old has done it!

Plenty to see at jug holes though, upper streamway too

Jl.urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounds like their is a good amount to see with or without srt depending on your ability it appears ?

The problem is, if you do the traverse and your not comfortable with certain situations it could end bad, u would slide down into a small crack about 12-14ft down and it would be hard to get out. And dame with the climb, there's just 1 rock which makes it look daunting. Other than that it's relatively easy and safe. Very fun place, and there's actually some small passages in there that aernt surveyed which makes it even more fun

Who has read this thread (Total: 220) View details