real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 62 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Seffy

Staff member
A few from snowy Bristol, view from a factory fire escape:

8403604456_1147a4454c_c.jpg

8402513525_8dc2be2e09_c.jpg

8402511973_e8ac499aa2_c.jpg

Suspension Bridge:

8402599673_3cda02ece6_c.jpg

Shatners

Silly Bugger
28DL Full Member
Funny you should say this as I was looking at the balance because it didn't seem right.

After about 10 mins trying to figure it out, I then realised what was giving the orange hue - the street lights to the left and right of the tramroad are those crappy orange jobs !

Will have another bash at the white balance though, cheers.

If you shoot in RAW the white balance is recorded independent to the image data, that way you can select any white balance you want in post processing and remove any unwanted casts... saves a lot of agro, especially when your moving from shooting internals using torch or tube lights and then moving outside to do externals in bright natural light and forgetting to change the WB.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
If you shoot in RAW the white balance is recorded independent to the image data, that way you can select any white balance you want in post processing and remove any unwanted casts... saves a lot of agro, especially when your moving from shooting internals using torch or tube lights and then moving outside to do externals in bright natural light and forgetting to change the WB.

Ah but wheres the fun in that..sort it out on camera ,camera sorts last used wb setting for the different presets if you have moved the setting about a bit ,shoot in jpeg dont worry over having to pp etc..just my Jpeg shooting opinion of course

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
You can do some limited white balance rectification in JPG, but it's only limited. I'd recommend shooting in raw if you have the option as there's so much more you can pull out of the image, not just white balance. CunningCorgi, if you want a tutorial pm me and we'll sort something out. :thumb

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
You can do some limited white balance rectification in JPG, but it's only limited. I'd recommend shooting in raw if you have the option as there's so much more you can pull out of the image, not just white balance. CunningCorgi, if you want a tutorial pm me and we'll sort something out. :thumb

I do see yer point xan i do..but ive stitched night panos together and never really needed to pp other than a bit of shadows lifting..so i guess for me jpeg has worked fine..that and i dont want to spend hours infront of photoshop or similar ..But each to their own,i just like getting what i can right on the cam!

Everyonefreezes

tinyurl.com/yzfp8dt
28DL Full Member
Just bare in mind man, that if you shoot to jpeg then a lot of image data is deleted straight away - like detail in shadows or highlights.

Shooting RAW and converting to a file like .tiff is the only way to retain all image detail.

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
Just bare in mind man, that if you shoot to jpeg then a lot of image data is deleted straight away - like detail in shadows or highlights.

Shooting RAW and converting to a file like .tiff is the only way to retain all image detail.

This.

You should always use a cataloging program like Lightroom (i find this the best, there are others)

Import your raws, work on them and export in whichever format you want all the changes can be removed from the image to leave you with the original and it's none destructive editing.

You can go back, edit, save, back to original as many times as you want.

If you have a lot of photos you can batch edit right on import, 5 mins, done.

I really don't know how somebody could own an extensive photo collection without a program like this tbh.

Badger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haven't posted on here in an age - but heres a shot I did with a few fellow explorers at Monkton Farleigh Ammo Depot.

IMG_0370signedsmall.jpg

fastnet

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi, New to the site and slowly working my way through all these fantastic threads.

Some I took a few years back in Glasgow.

5255524440_580b14b3a3_o.jpg

5255524584_f5e58a29b4_o.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 344) View details