real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 35 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I don't mind doing long star trails in my garden when I can just set the camera up, let the timer run and retreat into the warm to watch tv.

trails.jpg

Living right under the end of the transatlantic flight lane does spoil it a bit though.

Love it....
How long an exposure is that roughly ?

Camera Shy

Regular User
Went out to local park earlier tonight to try a little light painting, here's the results, it's all a learning curve for me :)

1)

4r.jpg

2)

1r.jpg

3)

3r.jpg

Camera Shy

Regular User
Thanks. Its 88 x 2 minute exposures stacked so that works out as 3 hours worth of star trails.

Ah it's some photoshop technique then isn't it, gotta get myself clued up and get some myself a snide copy of this, great effect those star trails, nice pic.

Humpa

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ah it's some photoshop technique then isn't it, gotta get myself clued up and get some myself a snide copy of this, great effect those star trails, nice pic.

You can get free stacking software or you can do it as one long exposure :)

Degenatron

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Not Photoshop. I use Light room 3 to process the raw files but the stacking was done in this free program.

http://www.startrails.de/html/software.html

To begin you could just shoot in Jpeg and simply sack them in that program straight out the camera.

Sparky74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Having a bit more of a play the other night, i don't think this one turned out too bad?, but many of the shots had reflections in the sky above the lights?

PHCP_001.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 344) View details