real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 50 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MJS

L.L.S.
28DL Full Member
Tyne Bridge

7080445491_b5fc1696f1.jpg

Badger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Starfail:
Starfailsm.jpg

My first trail photo ruined by cloud and my camera being a noisey arse.

Any recommandations of WB settings for the camera when shooting trails? As I know that Auto is not very wise in case it changes etc.
Also RAW or JPEG?

Last edited:

jkon2012

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Starfail:
Starfailsm.jpg

My first trail photo ruined by cloud and my camera being a noisey arse.

Any recommandations of WB settings for the camera when shooting trails? As I know that Auto is not very wise in case it changes etc.
Also RAW or JPEG?

Thought it was ok. Did you use a few images and stitch them together or is this just one long exposure?

Badger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers for feedback Happyshopper :) all taken on board. I tried to light the foreground with a torch but it was poo so gave up - bit more pratice i think! You mentioned using PS for it - what option is it under? Currently have CS3 and LR3.
As for white balance: im thinking cloudy or daylight, that right?

And jkon as shopper says it is layered. I used StarTrails software for it, quite a nice bit of kit.

Cheers again

Last edited:

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
You need to open the photos as layers in one document by going File / Scripts / Load files into stack (I think). Then change each layer mode to Lighten and you've got your trails. Then you get play with each layer individually.

Personally I shoot at daylight WB for star trails, but regularly edit in post to Incandescent because of the light pollution - especially when it reflects off the clouds. I'm a but new at it still though, if there's light pollution in the future I'll probably go straight to Incandescent.

Don't forget startrails.de

jkon2012

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd tried to do a startrail, and had downloaded the very simple layering software startrails.de but I think due to my bridge camera only being able to take 30 second exp max, then having to wait 30 sec after every long ( for it to add a layer of darkness I guess?) it would have stop starts and gaps etc. I have a remorse release so vibration isn't an issue. Can someone give any advice? I'm off this week so if there's a clear sky il give it another go.

Bone

As you do
28DL Full Member
Kiev, the last night after Chernobyl and Prypyat Oct 2011

CroppedKiev.jpg

I just liked the cloud..... As you do

Who has read this thread (Total: 344) View details