real time web analytics
Report - - Robert Fletchers Paper Mill, Greenfield - December 2023 | Industrial Sites | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Robert Fletchers Paper Mill, Greenfield - December 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Drewster09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It thought it was totally flattened earlier in the year but then it wasn't that long ago the workshops had a massive fire and turned out everything but the main mill was still sitting there!

Is it actually totally gone now as in you've seen it with your own eyes?
That was a strange fire. They’d been stacking pallets and logs in the middle workshop! Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a dodgy inside job

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
That was a strange fire. They’d been stacking pallets and logs in the middle workshop! Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a dodgy inside job

It was almost certainly one of those 'suspicious' fires for sure. Why else would the building which was conveniently being used to store piles of pallets and cut up logs be the one that decides to catch fire.

Nothingtonobody

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I decided to go for a little wander (12 mile walk) and I went to assess the state of the Mill. There isn’t much left. I’m not sure what Fletchers looked like before, but it has been reduced to a pile of rubble. There are some buildings still standing but I’m not sure what buildings they are. I have some photos (very bad photos) if anyone would like to see. I think I might go over again on the weekend. I’m not sure if security is still active or not. I found an entry point but I don’t know how quickly I’ll be able to escape considering my busted knees. I found some tape from the fire rescue.

C5BE0AAD-7E1B-4C43-B66F-E0CF9E01C302.jpeg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Which buildings tho?

The logs were in the workshops for years so probably just kids starting fires like usual. There's no reason for foul play from developers who were demolishing it anyway.

Nothingtonobody

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Which buildings tho?

The logs were in the workshops for years so probably just kids starting fires like usual. There's no reason for foul play from developers who were demolishing it anyway.
I’m not entirely sure which buildings, I do apologise. A big building left of the main entrance, and a smaller building besides some green metal framework. I’ve looked at all the reports on Fletchers in attempt to ascertain which buildings I saw, but I honestly don’t know. I’m really sorry. All I know is that there is still something there, whether it is of any interest I’m not sure. I just thought I’d check it out on my walk.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Not to worry. I think you've proved the point it's not all gone.

The important thing is the best of fletchers hasn't been the main mill for ages. Go sniff around the smaller buildings and you still have world class exploring to see.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I’m not entirely sure which buildings, I do apologise. A big building left of the main entrance, and a smaller building besides some green metal framework. I’ve looked at all the reports on Fletchers in attempt to ascertain which buildings I saw, but I honestly don’t know. I’m really sorry. All I know is that there is still something there, whether it is of any interest I’m not sure. I just thought I’d check it out on my walk.
On the left coming in from the front is the boiler house and the old kitchens/canteen. Then the big building what housed the Land Rover which I think may have been offices but not sure as never been in. My opinion the boiler house is the nicest bit of fletchers.

Nothingtonobody

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not to worry. I think you've proved the point it's not all gone.

The important thing is the best of fletchers hasn't been the main mill for ages. Go sniff around the smaller buildings and you still have world class exploring to see.
Thank you. I do apologise, I’m a rather amateur explorer, haha.

I think I’ll definitely have a look around! I’ve not got anything to lose. I’ll keep everyone updated. I appreciate all the small, simple things so I’m sure there will be something left for me to admire.

On the left coming in from the front is the boiler house and the old kitchens/canteen. Then the big building what housed the Land Rover which I think may have been offices but not sure as never been in. My opinion the boiler house is the nicest bit of fletchers.

Thank you so much for this information! I’d love to check out the boiler house.

Mikeymutt

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thank you. I do apologise, I’m a rather amateur explorer, haha.

I think I’ll definitely have a look around! I’ve not got anything to lose. I’ll keep everyone updated. I appreciate all the small, simple things so I’m sure there will be something left for me to admire.

Thank you so much for this information! I’d love to check out the boiler house.
That may well be gone now as well. But definitely worth trying. Every building was interesting.

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just had a scout out today, all the main mill and the workshops have gone, all thats left is the buildings to the left of the main gate (where land rover was and boiler house) and a small building that was at the side of the workshops

Only one digger left, looks like they have just demolished it and left it like this, hardly anything has been cleared or moved away at all, also noted security seemed to be inside the reception building behind the main gate, I always thought they sat in the caravan that was there? such a loss of history, I did get to finally do the boiler house also a building i've never seen pictured before as it was always sealed up

PXL_20241013_171101185.jpg

PXL_20241013_172028130.jpg

PXL_20241013_162055486.jpg

PXL_20241013_170830511.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Yeh as i suspected. Canteen is the smaller building. One of the best if not the best building on site.

Security are in the building by the gate usually yes.

Just trying to think of something I can do with a potcher! Wonder if they would sell one.. be shame to see them all just go in the scrap!

Nothingtonobody

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just had a scout out today, all the main mill and the workshops have gone, all thats left is the buildings to the left of the main gate (where land rover was and boiler house) and a small building that was at the side of the workshops

Only one digger left, looks like they have just demolished it and left it like this, hardly anything has been cleared or moved away at all, also noted security seemed to be inside the reception building behind the main gate, I always thought they sat in the caravan that was there? such a loss of history, I did get to finally do the boiler house also a building i've never seen pictured before as it was always sealed up

Thank you so much for the update! I’m disappointed to see that so much has been demolished. What a shame! I was really hoping to check it out but I don’t know if it’s worth the risk. Thank you.

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've done the canteen before it is good like you say, but it was the long thin building with the green doors you can see in my first 2 photos I was on about, it seemed to be a smaller washroom/canteen, stock room and an office on the end

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member

Weird they left the forklifts intact, you’d think there’d be some scrap in those?
I’ll try pop by for a visit to see inside that boiler and turbine house before it goes, as I never got inside that last time. I love how they left the digesters dotted about, it’s so out of place
Edit
Same goes for that long building, I’ve been by it a fair bit as a hidy place but never got in, worth seeing inside at all?

Who has read this thread (Total: 159) View details