real time web analytics
Report - - Robert Fletchers Paper Mill, Greenfield - December 2023 | Industrial Sites | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Robert Fletchers Paper Mill, Greenfield - December 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Weird they left the forklifts intact, you’d think there’d be some scrap in those?
I’ll try pop by for a visit to see inside that boiler and turbine house before it goes, as I never got inside that last time. I love how they left the digesters dotted about, it’s so out of place
Edit
Same goes for that long building, I’ve been by it a fair bit as a hidy place but never got in, worth seeing inside at all?

Yeah a few little bits, I was just happy to be inside somewhere thats always been sealed tight :D

PXL_20241013_171227922.jpg

PXL_20241013_171602903.jpg

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Yeah a few little bits, I was just happy to be inside somewhere thats always been sealed tight :D

PXL_20241013_171227922.jpg

PXL_20241013_171602903.jpg
To be fair I’ve never seen that open, nor would anyone go through the effort with the surrounding buildings. I’ll have to pop by for a visit at some point as some of that tech on the table looks really pretty

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To be fair I’ve never seen that open, nor would anyone go through the effort with the surrounding buildings. I’ll have to pop by for a visit at some point as some of that tech on the table looks really pretty

Theres some other stuff as well but i'll let you find that out for yourself ;)

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Theres some other stuff as well but i'll let you find that out for yourself ;)
Gotta love that, with that place it can be anything so now I definitely gotta go :D
@The Young One could be some stuff here for your panel? I don’t remember where you’re based but if anything pops up I’ll let you know 😁

Drewster09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was almost certainly one of those 'suspicious' fires for sure. Why else would the building which was conveniently being used to store piles of pallets and cut up logs be the one that decides to catch fire.
Exactly. The charred logs are all still there aswell which is mental. It’s pretty much evidence if you ask me! Also I am certain that there wasn’t a way in at that time, so whoever set the thing alight either properly broke on or had access…. I guess we will never know

Drewster09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh as i suspected. Canteen is the smaller building. One of the best if not the best building on site.

Security are in the building by the gate usually yes.

Just trying to think of something I can do with a potcher! Wonder if they would sell one.. be shame to see them all just go in the scrap!
That’s a good shout that if there still intact.

—This might be of interest. Purico who owned Fletchers also ran a much smaller teabag tissue mill in heywood. They traded under the name union papertech at Cromptons mill in the cheesden brook valley. My grandad worked there for 10ish years, and I remember him mentioning that they ran about 4 to 5 1950s Bertram’s beaters there aswell. Similar Like the ones at fletchers. Anyway the mill went bust in Covid, and that I know everything got left like fletchers. I bet you any money the beaters got left behind because they are pretty much no use to anybody thesedays, completely obsolete now as there’s no big fine tissue industry in the UK anymore. Where it gets very interesting is that they ran very similar Paper rolling machines to the 2 at fletchers in the main room- similar age and type. He reckons there not at the stage of scrapping yet. I think it’s the missing chapter of the book if you ask me. It will be very intact and preserved. Obviously I doubt the purico empire will allow us permission access, but you never know eh!

Maybe one day il get to see it 🥴

PA280130.jpeg

Nothingtonobody

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That’s a good shout that if there still intact.

—This might be of interest. Purico who owned Fletchers also ran a much smaller teabag tissue mill in heywood. They traded under the name union papertech at Cromptons mill in the cheesden brook valley. My grandad worked there for 10ish years, and I remember him mentioning that they ran about 4 to 5 1950s Bertram’s beaters there aswell. Similar Like the ones at fletchers. Anyway the mill went bust in Covid, and that I know everything got left like fletchers. I bet you any money the beaters got left behind because they are pretty much no use to anybody thesedays, completely obsolete now as there’s no big fine tissue industry in the UK anymore. Where it gets very interesting is that they ran very similar Paper rolling machines to the 2 at fletchers in the main room- similar age and type. He reckons there not at the stage of scrapping yet. I think it’s the missing chapter of the book if you ask me. It will be very intact and preserved. Obviously I doubt the purico empire will allow us permission access, but you never know eh!

Maybe one day il get to see it 🥴

PA280130.jpeg
Thank you so much for sharing this information! I’m going to do some research into this. I would love to visit!

Drewster09

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you so much for sharing this information! I’m going to do some research into this. I would love to visit!
No worries mate. it was a small going concern up until quite recently really. Sad to see it decommissioned really as I reckon there’s stuff to to see! The mill is called Simpson clough

Who has read this thread (Total: 159) View details